<VV> FC radio - Fitting

Kevin Clark kevin@kcvairbrush.com kevin at kcvairbrush.com
Wed Dec 9 22:00:13 EST 2009

Are FC and early car radios the same in dimension? I pulled out an AM
radio from a 63 Corvan that is shot and was ready to replace it with
a supposedly 64 Corvair push button AM radio. I noticed the FC radio
is 2.5 inch thick and the other radio is 3.25 inch thick. I thought
all early radios were the same except for the faceplate. The rear
mounting bracket is located differently. Have anyone installed a car
radio in an FC? It looks like I will have to modify the rear mounting
bracket to secure it.
Kevin

Kevin G. Clark
kevin at kcvairbrush.com