<VV> Problem with left rear brake light

Charles McKinley cmckinley313 at cox.net
Thu Dec 10 10:35:38 EST 2009

My 63 Monza 900 has had a chronic problem with the left rear brake
light being intermittent at best, and I wonder if others of you
Vairiants have run into the same thing. Sometimes (but not always) I
can get it to work by fiddling with the turn signal lever, but nothing
seems to completely cure the problem, and I almost always get hollered
at for it when I get the car inspected. The right rear brake light is
as reliable as Gibraltar, but the left is maybe 50%. Suggestions are
most welcome! Before you touch on the obvious, I've checked the bulbs
and socket repeatedly. The left turn signal and tail light works just
fine, it's only the brake light that's flaky.

Thanks in advance,
Chuck McKinley