<VV> Problem with left rear brake light

n5hsr n5hsr at sprynet.com
Thu Dec 10 15:17:45 EST 2009

Yes, based on our experience, something somewhere isn't completing the
circuit.   You might use a small wire to connect from one side past a
suspect point in the wiring to ground to see if it makes a difference.    Be
careful that it's only 12 v at a few amps you're connecting, though.

There's also another possibility.  Given that the car is 46 years old,
could some insulator have failed somewhere so that the path is not what it
seems and when he jiggles it, it is no longer touching the short path?

It's been over 30 years, but we had to take the steering wheel off once on
ours, I'm trying to remember the insides.  I'm presuming he's got self
cancelling turn signals like we did.

Charles