<VV> FC radio - Fitting

Chris & Bill Strickland lechevrier at earthlink.net
Thu Dec 10 15:57:21 EST 2009

hallgrenn at aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 12/10/2009 12:22:30 PM Eastern Standard Time,
> lechevrier at earthlink.net writes:
>
>     FC radios are unique to FC's, at least in the Corvair line --
>
> They are truck radios.  Why they needed to be different I don't know,
> but the local radio repair shop owner (long out of business) who gave
> me my Delco books said trucks--including FCs--were different.

The biggest noticeable difference is there is more clearance behind the
FC radio, and there is a support bracket where the antennae lead goes in
a car radio, and the antennae lead is around the corner on the side -- I
only know cause someone was showing me these differences just the other
day, with the two radios side by side..

Bill Strickland