<VV> : Re: HERE'S HOW YOU FIX CORSA

Chris & Bill Strickland lechevrier at earthlink.net
Thu Dec 10 16:32:19 EST 2009

First, CORSA, as it is, isn't broken, nor is it dying, well, maybe it is
as this older generation dies off -- what are your plans for your cars
after you die?  Are you willing them to some future CORSA member, or are
the kids just going to eBay them to highest bidder and split the money?
CORSA is simply slowly, incrementally, going broke.

Anyway, until Corvairs again "catch on" with the general public, our
membership will dwindle, and we will dawdle around wringing our hands
and whining on VV, when really it is a simple fix -- to maintain CORSA
as it is, all we have to do is expect a dues increase every year that
matches the loss from members dying.  Just like Lon says:

>Adjust dues each year so that they cover operating expenses. It is what it
>is. Yes, you may lose a few members, but that's the way it goes.

When dues hit $1000 per year, either folks will have figured out that
"as it is" needed to be changed, or it will be a club with ten or twelve
wealthy members.

Maybe the officers should be putting this "dying off" to CORSA's
advantage by looking for endowments from the future "retired" members --
will your cars to CORSA who will sell them to add to an endowment fund
that will keep CORSA running -- use any prominent college athletic
department for your marketing model on this idea as they all do it.  But
it won't happen without aggressive marketing.  Speaking of marketing,
CORSA needs to promote itself (meaning they need something to promote),
instead of waiting for folks to simply join up because they are
interested in Corvairs.

Just don't whine when the dues go up every year.

Bill Strickland