<VV> Problem with left rear brake light

Charles McKinley cmckinley313 at cox.net
Thu Dec 10 18:06:36 EST 2009

Oh my - egg on face! Thanks to all for the suggestions, but it turned
out to be a tempest in a teapot. While replacing the horn wire in the
steering column last weekend, I pulled the cable connector for the
turn signal switch, and neglected to push it back in all the way. A
minute ago, I shoved it back in - problem solved. Obviously I didn't
drive the car in the meantime or it would have become obvious. I still
think that turn signal switch is one of the worst bits of engineering
ever inflicted on unsuspecting victims.

Thanks again, and apologies for the false alarm! From the responses,
it's obvious that many of us have had the same fits.
Chuck