<VV> HERE'S HOW YOU FIX CORSA

kenpepke at juno.com kenpepke at juno.com
Fri Dec 11 09:13:10 EST 2009

Lon (and others):

Actually, there is one part of this that I do 'get.'  CORSA is nearing the end of a long term suicide mission by continuing to use a less than viable business model for the last 20+ years.  I doubt any of us, including the BoD,  favors the death of CORSA but as long as the BoD looks at how to give less to the membership as the solution we will all have to face that reality.

Come to think of it there is a second part that I do 'get.'  CORSA is a result of the Corvair hobby, not the creator of said hobby.  Corvairs as a hobby WILL carry on even if CORSA brings about its own demise.  But the hobby does need a national organization so after CORSA deals itself out of the picture SOMEONE WILL generate a new national alliance of local clubs.  If they have learned anything from history they will choose a more viable business model.
Ken P

Lon Wall corvairs at pacifier.com wrote:

Ken - (And others).   Anyone who believes that after Corsa "dies" there
will be a new movement to replace it with another club just doesn't get
any of this.