<VV> HERE'S HOW TO FIX CORSA

gswiatowy at rochester.rr.com gswiatowy at rochester.rr.com
Fri Dec 11 10:05:02 EST 2009

I have never, at least at the conventions I have attended ever seen guards
at the door of the hospitality room restricting non-registered people from
coming in.
Yeah, you are supposed to be registered. But more than anything else, I am
sure it is a manpower issue. One more worker tied up to play guard duty. Or
more if there are multiple enterances.
And in the case of the Buffalo convention hospitality area, it was in the
same huge room as the indoor vendors, and if memory serves, there were at
least 6 entry areas.

Gary Swiatowy

From: "J R Read_HML" <hmlinc at sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: <VV> HERE'S HOW TO FIX CORSA

Bing! Bing! Bing! Bing!

You just rang my bell.

At National (and hopefully Regional) conventions - You must first be a
CORSA
member in order to be eligible to register for the convention.  ID badges
are given out - with your name, and sometimes "local" club affiliation.

Some of the "indoor" vendors offer a discount to CORSA members.  The
hospitality (aka - jokingly, hostility) room is for CORSA members only.
Why
do we allow non-CORSA members access to the indoor vendors and/or to the
hospitality room?  Actually, I think you need to pay the convention
registration AND wear your convention tag to get in there.

Perhaps the CORSA "tent" - whatever the heck the thing is called - should
be
located at the entrance to either the hospitality or the indoor vendor
room.
Sometimes they are the same room - depending upon the layout of the
particular host hotel facility.  So - the pitch is, "Yessir/mam, we'd love
to have you join us as a club member in this room, and do you realize that
if you sign up for a membership right now, you will get money off at the
vendors?

My second membership/revenue idea this week.  The first was only revenue
oriented - but did not draw a single comment.  Maybe we were too busy
answering tech questions?  I don't THINK so.

Later, JR