<VV> rolling fenders 63 spyder

Scott Howey snddrafting at charter.net
Fri Dec 11 14:22:26 EST 2009

I just got my new tires mounted..Yea! They are P185/70 R13 on 13X5.5 Cragar
SS 4-lug rims.

Now, I just went into a driveway at an extreme angle a few minutes ago and
the left tire rubbed at the top of the wheel well opening and peeled the lop
of the 64 wheel well trim down.  I have pounded the trim back into position.
I see that if I roll the top edge of the wheel well up and in a little, the
tire will not rub anymore. I am trying to figure out the best way to do it.
I'm a little scared that I might crack the paint above the 64 wheel well
trim. Obviously I don't want that.

I'm sure there some guys out there that can give me advice on how I should
roll the edge up out of the way.

Looking forward to some suggestions,

Dave Thompson

63 Spyder vert with 64 wheel well trim

Dave,
You could rent an Eastwood fender well roller like this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqiTfYyaI1A
Do a search and see if you can find a local place to rent it from.
Just be careful, you're fears of cracking the paint are correct.

Scott
www.corvairforum.com