<VV> Caveman buys an FC

peter koehler pkoehler01 at atlanticbb.net
Sun Dec 13 10:54:44 EST 2009

Since I only have half an FC in my collection (the
notorious Crampside from December '84 CC fame), I pulled
the trigger and sent Tim Colson an offer on his
engine-less Greenbrier. It only took a matter of minutes
before the return message said "sold!". Being the nice guy
that he is, Tim included the transaxle in the deal so all
I have to do is source an engine. Kinda like my first
Corvair - the '63 Monza sedan with a 00 HP non-engine. At
least this time I have an idea where the new engine is
coming from.

So now the fun begins. It is a 5 hour drive from here to
Tim's. The engine is back in Michigan. Winter is here and
I hate towing through a snowstorm so we have to be careful
as we plan the rescue mission. Once the van is back to
being drivable I should probably keep it. Over the years
I've had many Greenbriers, Corvans, Rampsides and even a
few Loadsides. All of them were neat. Some were really
nice. Some I should have kept. Some I'm glad are gone.
This one should be road ready in time for the CORSA
National Convention in Iowa next June. If I could just
find a trailer hitch for it maybe I'll finish up the
Crampside and tow it behind this new 'Brier? - Pete "FC's
are cool" K in PA