<VV> PayPal questions no vair

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Mon Dec 14 01:18:39 EST 2009

In a message dated 12/13/2009 10:13:57 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
hmlinc at sbcglobal.net writes:

These  "phishing" expeditions are ALWAYS going on.   - not just using
PayPal,
but all sorts of companies - generally in the financial  industry.  US
Bank,
Wells Fargo. Bank of American and on and  on.  Many appear very
sophisticated
as they "capture" or reproduce  very closely an actual screen from the
company being mimicked  (spoofed).

This is the response that Paypal sends when you forward on a suspected
E-mail. I don't necessarily suggest you go to their "Fight Fishing Challenge"
web site. But I am pretty sure it is legit.

Thanks for taking an active role by reporting suspicious-looking  emails.
The email you forwarded to us is a phishing email, and our security  team
is working to disable it.

-------------------------
What is a  phishing email?
-------------------------
Phishing emails attempt to  steal your identity and will often ask you to
reveal your password or other  personal or financial information. PayPal
will never ask for your password  over the phone or in an email and will
always address you by your first and  last name.

Take our Fight Phishing Challenge at
https://www.paypal.com/fightphishing to learn 5 things you should know
about phishing. You'll also see what we're doing to help fight fraud
every day.

You've made a  difference.
Every email counts. By forwarding a  suspicious-looking email to
spoof at paypal.com, you've helped keep yourself  and others safe from
identity theft.

Thanks,

The PayPal  Team

Seth  Emerson

C's the Day! - Corvair, Camaro,  Corvette