<VV> Temp/Pressure light problem.

Frank DuVal corvairduval at cox.net
Tue Dec 15 01:00:32 EST 2009

I am confused by the terms.

If there is "no power on the other", does that mean the other is at
ground potential, or is it floating in mid air, not connected to ground
i.e. infinite resistance to ground.

The answer to this will tell in which direction to start looking.

Note, in the course of operating the engine, BOTH conditions occur in a
normally operating car.

When the oil pressure is low (or temperature is high) the "other" wire
is at ground potential.

When the oil pressure is correct and the temperature is below too hot,
the "other" is floating, infinite resistance to ground. Note, this
reading is taken with the bulb out of the circuit. Putting the bulb in
will make the floating terminal read +12 volts.

Frank DuVal