<VV> Gen/Fan lite problem

Bryan Blackwell bryan at skiblack.com
Tue Dec 15 10:07:38 EST 2009

Hi Tim,

This one sounds pretty simple - either a bad bulb or a bad socket.
Try swapping the bulb, if that does nothing then replace the socket.

Thanks, BTW, to Ken, Frank, and Ned (and maybe others) for pointing
out that if there's a bulb in the circuit you should find +12V
everywhere.  I was thinking for some reason that we were testing bulb
out, which doesn't really make much sense.  If one were testing with
the bulb removed, then you should find +12 on one side and ground on
the other, then the ground should go away when the engine starts and
the oil pressure switch opens.

--Bryan