<VV> CORSA membership issues

rbuckridge at comcast.net rbuckridge at comcast.net
Wed Dec 16 13:08:14 EST 2009

As the "parent" organization, CORSA is perfectly within their rights to mandate 100% CORSA membership for all club members in each of their chapters. If you want to be a CORSA chapter, you must have 100% CORSA membership. OK, no problem there. Just leave it up to the individual clubs as to how they deal with non-CORSA members.

But CORSA wants to build their membership, so I like Jamie Reinhart's idea of an "associate" CORSA member for $10, no Communique, but the person can still attend events etc. So instead of driving away people, maybe they may some day become CORSA members in full.

Jamie's idea of a more web based format is a must. The kids coming in were born with this and it is the way of the future. Yes, the magazine is nice for us old guys, but the electronic format is here and now.

As to Mike Jacobi's comment of "It would also apparently let many of us paid up Corsa supporters feel less like suckers.", maybe CORSA needs to do more for their members? Or to state it another way, stick it to non-CORSA members. Make being a CORSA member a real benefit. I'm really not sure how to do this, but maybe something along the lines of entry fees for events, discounts on CORSA merchandise, vendor discounts for CORSA members, etc., etc.?

CORSA does not want to alienate people, they want members. They have to sell themselves as a benefit. I can remember one meeting I was in, no not a Bayshore meeting, but when seeking help and assistance from CORSA for a regional event, CORSA's response was too hard & too "high handed" that the immediate response was to draft a letter, "F U, strong message to follow.", thankfully, calmer heads prevailed. But then that was back in the stone-age.

So far, from what I have seen, Jamie's thoughts are pretty much right on target.

Roy - Bayshore