<VV> Bob's (typically different) viewpoint on 100%

Vairtec Corporation Vairtec at optonline.net
Wed Dec 16 14:52:42 EST 2009

If CORSA is to impose a requirement of 100% membership from its local
club members, then I assert that it must be reciprocal:  CORSA must
likewise impose a requirement of 100% local club membership from its
national members.

Here in NJ as elsewhere, we have local club members who do not belong to
CORSA.  We also have CORSA members who do not belong to the local club.

If we are going to make local club members join CORSA, then we must make
CORSA members join a local club.  I hold a VERY strong opinion on this
point and can refute every argument put forth against it.

But I think the whole 100% membership debate is relatively unimportant.
I think that CORSA's membership numbers will continue to fall,
ultimately settling at some point of stabilization, regardless of the
national-local membership policy.

If you want to feel more comfortable about the current arrangement,
don't think of the local clubs as being "chapters" in the strictest
sense.  Think of them as being "affiliates."  CORSA is fortunate to have
them.

--Bob