<VV> <CORSA Chapters> Membership question -- 100% vs Not

Harry Jensen, Executive Secretary corsa at corvair.org
Thu Dec 17 10:23:25 EST 2009

Hi--

On 12/17/2009 3:59 AM, Gary Swiatowy wrote:
> While all this hand wringing and arguements are going on.
> Why has no-one asked the big question?
> Where is the money going?
> Why are we going broke?
The problem is not necessarily with expenses. Expenses from 2004 until
the present are between $210K and $220K. Our projections for 2010
through 2013 show expenses under $220K. Most expenses are not linear,
especially in the printing industry.

The REAL problem is on the revenue side: We have fewer and fewer members
to share those expenses. In 2004 CORSA had 5300 members. This year 4600.
That a loss of 700 members. The same expenses which were shared by 5300
members in 2004 are shared by 4600 members today.

On 12/17/2009 7:07 AM, sarahvair at juno.com wrote:
> most of the money CORSA spends is for the salary of Mike&  Harry.
CORSA does not pay a salary to Mike and Harry. CORSA pays fees based
upon a contract which is reviewed regularly by the Board, and was done
so this year. If the truth be told, our company DECREASED those fees for
2010. If Mike and Harry did not provide the service, CORSA would still
have to pay another company for those services, unless a group of
volunteers does the work.

--H

--