<VV> Pedia

craig nicol nicolcs at aol.com
Fri Dec 18 12:03:57 EST 2009

Mark wrote:

"The single biggest asset CORSA has available is the wealth of technical

information amassed by the membership. As the years go by, this information

becomes irreplaceable. But outside of the hardcopy manuals available for

sale (the Technical Guides), CORSA hasn't attempted to capture and organize

any of this technical detail."

---------------------

Craig comments:

Every single article and tech tip written for the Communique in the last 30
years has been assembled in the Tech Guide. We also scan VV, CC, and local
newsletters for tips. Each of the older Communique articles was reviewed and
CORSA technical editors offered updates for each and every one. The latest
Tech Guide includes a searchable and printable pdf.

I think this is exactly what's being discussed as if it didn't exist.
(Granted, Tech Guide III hasn't been released but that's imminent).

My idea, one that's been discussed with Mike, Bryan, and a couple of
directors, is to offer the Tech Guide as a complete volume as it currently
is, plus offer it online article by article for a modest fee, say 99 cents
each. Short articles and abstracts being free. This would give the guy who
wanted only one article his info for 99 cents instead of the price of a tech
guide and would help the bottom line at CORSA.

Am I missing something?

Craig Nicol