<VV> pedia

Chris & Bill Strickland lechevrier at earthlink.net
Fri Dec 18 13:00:33 EST 2009

>As a club, we should collect such technical information and put it online. But since we're a club, it should be accessible only to paid-up club members. It should be in the form of a wiki-type of format, fully searchable and editable by club members. Think of it as the CORSA Tech Guide online edition, a continuation of what goes into the CC every month.

Since *I* like the idea of a wiki tech data base, it must be doomed to
disregard   ;-)

The Tech Guide is a wonderful resource though and I'm not sure how one
would justify CORSA charging for it with the same type data online
somewhere --  electronic vs print, again.

I do like Helt's Basic Corvair, sort of a drivetrain tech guide, with
everything assembled into one cohesive text -- if it only was indexed
...  a wiki, like the VV archives, would be searchable, even if just by
Google, and at least, it might bring people into the CORSA website, and
then maybe, even into CORSA, ala ancestry.com (we have some info, but
you have to pay up to see it -- personally, I find this "tease
advertising" distasteful, but it does seem rather commonplace these days).

Wiki's do seem to be a successful concept, however, and it could be a
way to start the companion Advanced version of the Corvair Basics book.

just thinking out loud --

Bill Strickland