<VV> need electronic circuit design help - 3rd brake light

Dave Thompson dave.thompson at verizon.net
Fri Dec 18 22:55:15 EST 2009

I am working on a project that is beyond my meager electronic component
level knowledge. If there is someone out there that is willing to help me,
please contact me off line.

Project:

3rd brake light on early Spyder

Idea:

Grind out the red portion of the Spyder emblem on the rear center engine
cover. Install LED's and a red lens.

I have a sample made from an old rusty emblem. The LED's work fine with
12volts and it looks good.

Problem:

Combine the left and right brake\turn light circuits into one circuit
without having to run a wire from the brake light switch to the rear of the
car. Seems to me that would be a very simple circuit. However, it is beyond
my design skills without using a bunch of relays.

Once I get a working circuit, I will temporarily install it and then decide
if it looks good or if it is "too tricky". If I like it, I will make another
one using a new emblem.

I will take pictures and write an article for publication in our chapter's
newsletter and make it available to those who what it.

Dave Thompson

63 Spyder vert