<VV> Convertible Quirks

Mike Jacobi mvjacobi at comcast.net
Sat Dec 19 20:20:53 EST 2009

The post about the shrunken parade boot got me to thinking about another
problem we have here in cooler climes.  I've left the top down just a day or
two too long and the fabric won't stretch enough in the cold to let me close
the latches.  The last couple of years I've used an old electric blanket to
drape over the partially closed top a day or two, then the top will close
and latch fairly easily.  During one exceptionally cold snap I supplemented
this with a small electric heater inside the car.  Works fine, just don't
set the heater on anything flamable.  (I put it on top of an old patio
block.  If you get caught this way, this method ought to help

Mike in Michigan