<VV> Oil Re: engine still going - oil

FrankCB frankcb at aol.com
Sun Dec 20 23:47:17 EST 2009

The past couple of years I've been using fully synthetic Mobil 1 High Mileage 10W-30 for "engines with over 75,000 miles".  Among other features its "extra anti-wear additive helps protect critical engine parts".   I use it in my Pontiac TransSport with almost 150,000 miles as well as the Corvair.  It's SL (not SM) rated so it still has some level of Zinc and Phosphorus it it.  Plus it's sold in 5 qt. containers at WalMart.
     Frank "frugal" Burkhard