<VV> Corvair engine still going

Tony Underwood tony.underwood at cox.net
Mon Dec 21 20:06:59 EST 2009

At 10:41 PM 12/20/2009, BBRT wrote:
>Keep in mind the Kendal you used to buy (and can't get) isn't the "old"
>(good)  Kendal GT - They sold the refinery to Brad Penn. That is the
>reference Tony makes. Brad Penn does the green "old" oil..now modernized,
>but with zinc and old properties for flat tappent engines. Brad Penn is the
>only all American oil. All others are blended from foreign sources. Brad
>Penn is the good stuff for flat tappet engines.
>
>BTW, Tony. Told Nick Dixon of Brad Penn, at PRI, about the scarcity in VA,
>and he said to call hiim. I will.

...did you mean I should call him?   Or that you were gonna call him?   ha!

Lemme know what he says.   I think, by the way, that the only source
anywhere near here (Lynchburg) has dried up.    Tried to do a search
for Brad Penn distributors a few days ago and they were no longer
listed.    Here's hoping that somebody close enough to buy from
cross-counter might start carrying it.   Since Rotella has gone
"modern" on us with dropping zinc content etc there's not a lot left
that's really all that suitable for hi-perf flat tappet engines anymore.

...not that my '60 is all about wearing out cam lobes, but I'd rather
not tempt the fates with its low miles engine.   Likewise the
Plymouth's 383 with its somewhat stiff valve springs.

tony..