<VV> Non-Corvair No Start Help ! question

corvairduval at cox.net corvairduval at cox.net
Wed Dec 23 13:41:04 EST 2009

OBD2 systems do not do the flashy light code retrieval. They are 5 digit
(one letter, 4 numbers) codes.

Yes, the scanner should read all codes in ECM memory without the engine
running.

The best way to test the CMPS is with a scope. Not a great answer, as it
requires another piece of equipment that's not cheap. Maybe you can borrow
one.  Maybe someone else has a suggestion on a cheap test.

Frank DuVal