<VV> FC battery

Chris & Bill Strickland lechevrier at earthlink.net
Wed Dec 23 17:53:47 EST 2009

I am suprised to see that Optima still lists the 51R yellow top on their
website --
http://www.optimabatteries.com/_media/documents/specs/D51_D51R.pdf --
dated Dec 2008.

Well, if one can find one to buy, they'd be a good battery for an FC (or
any early) -- would appreciate info from anyone who has bought one this
last year as to specifically when and where you found it.  I haven't
seen new ones for about 6 years, myself.  Understood that when Johnson
Controls bought rights to the Optima, they discontinued the Honda series.

Another choice would be the Odyssey Battery --
http://www.odysseybattery.com/ -- their PC925 is a good fit for FC's and
earlies when turned on it's side, and since these batteries can be
operated in any position, this is a normal installation.  This battery
might not have huge CCA numbers, but it works fine in several hot rod
applications with which I am familiar, easily starting high performance
engines after lengthy periods of setting without charging.

Since these Odyssey batteries are a bit dear retail, you need to find
your regional distributor and see if he is offering a discount to car
club members -- ours does, and that puts them in about the same price
range as an Optima.

Thanks!

Bill Strickland