<VV> FC replacement battery

Louis Armer carmerjr at mindspring.com
Thu Dec 24 00:28:54 EST 2009

Hi everyone, I appreciate ALL the feedback and suggestions concerning
what battery you use and what company's battery to purchase for my
Greenbrier. I went back to Advance Auto this afternoon with battery
in hands and NO receipt. The help I received was excellent and very
professional. He first performed a battery diagnosis and found the
battery was defective and then we progressed to step #2. I typically
patronize only two Advance locations so through my home phone number
and Ted Fahrenthold's old business number we were able to determine
that I purchased the battery on 11-23-07 at the store located in
Tucker, GA near Ted's old shop. I missed the FREE 24 month
replacement period by less than a month :-( The good news is that the
prorated purchase including tax was $31.30. I of course made the
purchase since the battery had never failed till two days ago and
$15.00 a year is not a bad deal in today's economic climate. This is
a 72 month battery with another 24 month free replacement period. The
battery retails now for $82.99 plus $5.81 tax. I intend to keep the
receipt very handy in the glove compartment and I will give myself a
two week lead to have the battery analysis done before the 24 month
grace period. I will also seriously consider an Auto Zone, Odyssey or
Johnson Control manufactured battery next go round. I don't think
with the limited travel on the Greenbrier that I can justify the
additional expense of an Optima but then again ............you never
know. I may install the new battery tomorrow but probably this
weekend after Christmas. A big THANK YOU to everyone who took the
time and effort to offer their opinions and choices.

Corvairly,
Chuck Armer

ps. A very helpful hint from my buddy at Advance Auto is to scan the
receipt to a regular sheet of paper as the cash register receipt fade
to unreadable in a very short time and especially in left in direct sunlight.
CA

CORSA Member
Corvanatics Member
Corvair Atlanta Director