<VV> HAPPY HOLIDAYS

n2vzd at aol.com n2vzd at aol.com
Thu Dec 24 12:10:26 EST 2009

boy i got MY Christmas present early!  i just fired the new motor that  i
built for the 64 A/C coupe up on the test stand for the first time. this was
made from the heart of a 65 RK motor with very low miles on it. i put a set
of  clark's .020 cylinders , forged pistons , reworked heads  together . it
has  very good oil pressure and valves adjusted quickly and perfectly as
they  should.
now on to the new motor for my rampy. it is getting 060 stuff , and
reworked 110 heads with a powerglide 140 cam / crank setup. i have a good start
on it now.  just waiting for a few parts yet , which gives me time to clean
up and paint the tin work for it.
my question of the day , while cleaning up the rusty torque converter from
the RK motor , i noticed an orange paint id mark. does this indicate
anything  interesting? such as a different stall speed? (like 140?)
best of holidays to all.
regards, tim colson
everything i own is now group red for a while (NOT LONG I  HOPE!!)