<VV> LM drain holes at base of both windshields info?

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Fri Dec 25 16:33:10 EST 2009

In a message dated 12/24/2009 6:08:16 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
Taruffi57 at aol.com writes:

I  believe that down in the curved corners of both the front & rear
windshields, there should be small drain holes.  My car is  having
bodywork/paint
done and had enough rust in all 4 that I  cannot see if there  are/were
those
holes present.  Can someone  inform me as to possible size of  holes and
where they should be --  from the vertical steel roof support  pillars?
Also,
where  would they drain into?  Down into the cowl   plenums?

I have recently changed opinion on these drain holes. (Yes, the front had
two holes, the rear, as Mark pointed out, has an alternate system.) After
rebuilding the drain holes on my "rusted" California car - even California
cars  rust around these holes - some of the water still made it's way though
to the  drivers floor. ARRGH! So, if I were rebuilding the front holes today,
I would  completely seal off the area leaving no drain holes - and then
POR15 the entire  area to prevent "future" rust - the foreseeable "future"
being longer than I  will probably live. That would, likely, stop the drainage
into the car,  which, since mine is a race car, is not all that important,
but still a pain. If  you plan on having rugs in there, it is quite important.
Okay, the windshield  area might rust in 20+ California years, but it won't
matter to me! Don't  add any drains on the rear, just make sure the stock
paths are available.

Seth  Emerson

C's the Day! - Corvair, Camaro,  Corvette