<VV> Christmas and the time of giving

ScottyGrover at aol.com ScottyGrover at aol.com
Sat Dec 26 16:50:29 EST 2009

In a message dated 12/26/2009 12:53:39 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
dave.thompson at verizon.net writes:

The two  wonderful stories from Tony and Tom inspired me to write  this.

A month ago, I was given a very generous gift by my  friends here on Virtual
Vairs. I said that I was unemployed and couldn't  afford my CORSA dues. A
bunch of guys here chimed in and donated $5.00 each  and paid my dies for
me.
That gesture touched me in the deepest part of my  heart.

Last week, I met with Larry Shapiro of LS Corvair Parts.  I had worked for
him earlier this year. We worked out our differences and I  will be going
back to work for him this Monday, 12/28 as the shop manager.  I am looking
forward to working hard to make LS Corvair Parts a healthy,  happy, helpful
and informative place for the Corvair Community.

By Larry hiring me back, he has allowed me to restore my  personal honor as
man, father and husband that can support his family and  be an asset to the
community. It also will allow me to fulfill my promise  to you people who
paid my dues. As I said last month, I intend to take a  part of my first
paycheck and donate $45.00 to CORSA. I will ask CORSA if  it is possible to
find another deserving person and use my money to pay  their dues. If that
is
not possible or practical, that the money go to the  general fund.

Happy Holidays to all my Corvair friends  throughout the world.

Dave Thompson

63 Spyder  Vert

Westminster, Ca

I'm glad you're working again; if Larry is as good to his employees as he
is to his customers, you'll do well.
It's good to have one of our VV people restored to a position of
self-respect (always noting that now--after all your debts have been paid--you  can
start working on your Spyder again)

And I don't think I need to wish you "happy holidays:--you've already had
some happiness.  Remember what was said before--"do unto  others-----"  and
it was done unto you.

Scotty from Hollyweird

.