<VV> More ethanol problems - minor Corvair content

Jack Kean jkean at sbcglobal.net
Mon Dec 28 18:23:21 EST 2009

the blend that we are being forced to purchase at the local gas station,
is not anything like straight alcohol. The ethanol is combined with the
pure gas at the distribution center (in the delivery truck) and "mixed"
during shipment to the gas station. No way to know exactly what
percentage of ethanol is in the fuel that is stored at the station you
make the purchase from. Hence the problems. Sometimes you get less than
10%, and sometimes you get much more. It will only get worse as the %
increases.

It's not just small engines. You can see the damage across the board, in
every type of engine that uses this blend.

jack kean
Arlington, Texas