<VV> ebaying a gas tank

John Kepler jekepler at amplex.net
Tue Dec 29 07:50:06 EST 2009

Yes people sell used tanks on eBay. I purge mine by running the EXHAUST side
of the vacuum cleaner through them for an hour or so then a bit of soapy
water. If its been outside for a couple of weeks, I don't think there are
any explosive fumes left.

 MIKE KOVACS

The rub is that if the tank is actually an OEM built and used in the 60's,
then it currently qualifies as a "Haz-Mat" item due to lead contamination!
It's all fun until someone gets hurt....and selling/shipping an undeclared
Haz-Mat item via Common Carrier is fine as long as nobody in the system does
their homework.  If they do, then things are going to get plenty hairy FAST!

I'm an FFL....we've been getting governmental anal-rectal exams for over 40
years, so we know the drill!