<VV> 64 head question again............

The Reinharts jtreinhart at omnitelcom.com
Tue Dec 29 14:56:02 EST 2009

John and All, The only difference between a 64 cyl. and a 65 and newer cyl.
is the outside diameter of the top of the cyl. The 65 and newer cyl. is .060
larger than the 64. Hence you could use a 65 and up cyl. head on a 64 with a
.030 spacer placed in each cyl. head bore. A stainless hose clamp is .025
thick and would probably work well enough to center the cyl. in the bore of
the head. I would suggest using 65 and later head gskts. so they will fit
the cyl. head bore properly even if the spacer doesn't rest all the way to
the bottom of the bore. In theory this should work fine. In the real world,
your results may vary.

Jamie