<VV> Sagging 64

corvairduval at cox.net corvairduval at cox.net
Mon Feb 2 10:50:11 EST 2009

The rear transverse spring can be re-arched. Check with a spring company
locally that works on big trucks.

Frank DuVal

In a message dated 1/31/2009 9:36:16 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
klundy at optonline.net writes:

My 64  Convertible is sagging on the left side. It was not very noticeable
when I  bought the car in 2001, but is very noticeable now. The front left
corner  is 1/2? lower than the front right. At the rear, the difference is
much  greater. The rear left corner is 1-3/8? lower than the rear right.
My guess  is it needs new springs.
I?ll add new shocks too, if the springs are being  replaced.
Should I consider replacing the transverse leaf spring?
Are  there any other possible causes I should look at?
Any thoughts and advice  will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
Ken Lundy
NJ
64  Monza Convertible