<VV> Recruiting younger? members

Dave Thompson dave.thompson at verizon.net
Tue Feb 3 01:09:54 EST 2009

I was laid off several weeks ago. I went to LS Corvair to purchase some
parts and ended up working in the shop all day. At the end of the day, Larry
Shapiro asked me if I would come in the next day. It has been three weeks
now that I have worked there. On the weekends, we are going to a Corvair
Mechanic's house who passed away. We are moving all the stock to LS Corvair
Parts warehouse.

I have recruited my 16-year old and some of his buddies to help with the
move. My son, DJ is doing so well that Larry has offered him a permanent
Saturday job. When the move is done and the warehouse is sorted and put
away, we plan teach him to rebuild parts for the shop.

There is a cream colored 1960 4-door at the mechanic's house in rather nice
condition. DJ has fallen in love with it.  I am looking into getting it for
him. He has talked about us working on it together many times. He is going
to join me at the Vintage Corsa meeting this coming Thursday night. We also
plan to get him out in my Spyder to learn how to drive a clutch.

I hope that he decides to join and we will have a hobby together. WE will
also have another CORSA member. Is 16 young enough?

Dave Thompson
Westminster, CA
63 spyder Vert.