<VV> Early Brake Drums

Smitty Smith vairologist at verizon.net
Sat Feb 7 13:24:44 EST 2009

> From: rbuckridge at comcast.net
> Subject: <VV> brake drum part number

> Kelly, I show #3830094 , in group 5.809, as a 60 - 63 front brake
> drum (exc. metallic linings).
>  Roy - Bayshore
Smitty says:  I don't mess with part numbers much.  Usually read and measure and then use what works.  This thread captured ny interest though and I checked out what I have.  Four Early/Early brake drums in original boxes that I bought many years ago as supposed to be two fronts and two rears.  (this should stir the pot).  None of them have hubs in them.  All actually are the 60-63 type.  Two have 6355561 on the box and the drums inside have 6255548 cast into them.  The other two have 6256975 on the box and 6256611 cast into them.  Someone has written on the box next to a crossed out GM part number 3789319.  Hope this confuses someone else as much as it does me.  Only difference is, I don't care.