<VV> Heater hose overheats engine?

Jeff Wilson jwilson at unctv.org
Mon Feb 9 14:52:42 EST 2009

From: "Jedd Hebrink" <jhebrink at anvilcom.com>
Subject: <VV> 66 Monza 110 PG engine knock - mystery solved

Well, I think I finally found the cause of the knock in my recently rebuilt
66 110 PG.  Turns out, I spun the#5 rod bearing.  Probably several possible

reasons for this, including a disconnected front (through the firewall) heater/

defroster hose which would have overheated #5 and #3 especially.

Hmmmmm.... I'm confused, how would a missing heater hose cause the

engine to overHEAT? It seems more to me that excess 'hot air' escaping

from the area around the heads would keep the engine cooler....

I've been driving around for a while with a rippped-up heater hose- am I risking

efffing up my engine?!!!!!

CJW