<VV> lifter noise

Michael Kovacs kovacsmj at sbcglobal.net
Tue Feb 10 19:44:28 EST 2009

Dave, there is a simple, but a bit dirty, way to quiet a lifter. With the engine running warm and the left valve cover off, find the loose one(s) and very slowly turn the nut down untill it stops clattering (about a 1/4 turn or less).That should do it. The "book" will say to turn the nut down till the clattering stops and then 1 more full turn. I like another 1/2 to 3/4 turn.

 You must do it slowly as the lifter will adjust itself hydraulically. I don't like the word "knocking" it should be a clicking sound.

 The oil is HOT and splashes a bit.
 MIKE KOVACS