<VV> Stripped valve cover holes, another option

Clark Hartzel chartzel at comcast.net
Fri Feb 13 10:45:53 EST 2009

If it is lower hole that is stripped, you can just drill the hole twice
as deep or all the way thru the head if you want.  Don't try this with
an upper hole as you may end up into the combustion chamber!  I had a
cylinder head on one of my dune buggies that someone drilled all the way
thru and put a bolt and nut on it to hold the cover on.  I would say you
could drill 1/8 deeper on an upper hole and use a flat bottom tap to
gain about 5 threads.  Enough to use a stud or threaded rod bottomed
out.
Clark Hartzel