<VV> Salting away in Detroit

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Sat Feb 14 15:51:36 EST 2009

In a message dated 2/14/2009 9:18:02 AM Pacific Standard Time,
airvair at earthlink.net writes to Scotty:

I was a  kid in the '50's, so I remember them. FYI they didn't spread salt
back then  nearly as heavily as they do today. Salt (as measured by the pound
per mile)  usage keeps going up every year. Today, they're out there laying it
down thick  even before the first snowflake hits the ground,

If you haven't  lived here within the last 10 years, you are clueless.

-Mark  (in the Detroit saltbelt)

Actually, Scotty, you are probably both "clueless" and "smart"  -  <Grin>

Seth  Emerson

C's the Day! - Corvair, Camaro, Corvette,  California!

now. (http://yellowpages.aol.com/search?query=florist&ncid=emlcntusyelp00000002)