<VV> More Salt Now & Snow Driving

N6nev at aol.com N6nev at aol.com
Sat Feb 14 19:46:02 EST 2009

_http://www.worsleyschool.net/science/files/saltandfreezing/ofwater.html_
(http://www.worsleyschool.net/science/files/saltandfreezing/ofwater.html)

In a message dated 2/14/2009 3:57:27 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
henri88 at yahoo.com writes:

I'm one  of those warm weather wimps, living in California and Florida, with
only one  year in Colorado Springs years ago when I was young and frisky and
drove a  Slant 6 Dodge Dart -- my old pre-Corvair favorite ride.

I know nothing  about salting roads -- please help me.

?  They're using more salt  than they used to -- anyone know why a public
agency would voluntarily use any  more of anything these days than they
absolutely had to?

?  Do  they use sand anywhere or is it all just salt?

?  Do Corvairs  handle snow driving well with all that nice weight over the
drive  wheels?

?  Anyone have any good 'Vair snow driving adventures to  share?

Happy Driving,
Henri and Rosemary van Wandelen

happily  living near Daytona Beach (but avoiding DB this weekend during the
zoo that is  the 500)

the property
of the  writer, please attribute properly. For help,
mailto:vv-help at corvair.org
http://www.corvair.org/
Post messages to:  VirtualVairs at corvair.org
Change your options:  http://www.vv.corvair.org/mailman/options/virtualvairs