<VV> Corsa Dues Increase

Corvkid50 at aol.com Corvkid50 at aol.com
Sat Feb 14 20:20:49 EST 2009

Ok so we got a dues increase. I look at like the incentive check we  got from
uncle Sam, It didn't help in the long term problem. One fix was less
newsletters to cut costs. Another was forcing all clubs to be Corsa members.  Then
only Corsa members can attend national conventions. I believe all these  ideas
will drive away more people and be a loss in revenue to Corsa. Most of the
ideas involved cutting to gain revenue. I haven't seen many ideas on how to
boost revenue and membership. Seems to me all these ideas will cut membership
even more. The amount of the increase isn't a big deal for most people but for
some it is. A lot of people are living on a shoestring and have to choose
wisely  where the money is spent. I belong to 3 Corvair clubs. one is 1700 miles
away  and the other is 280 miles away. Neither one I attend meetings. But I want
to  support the hobby. This year that will change, I just can't afford to pay
all 3  and Corsa. I don't have any ideas for Corsa but I would hope our
elected  officials would work on Finding ways to increase membership by attracting
more  members and increasing income, not by cutting the few benefits we
receive from  Corsa. Insurance is a big thing no doubt. But realistically how many
club  members are using it. It's taken for granted a lot and I don't think most
 members feel it's a draw to join Corsa. It's just not enough. What's the
percentage of paid Corsa members compared to Convention attendance? We need more
 fresh ideas on how to change this and if we don't I don't believe Corsa will
 weather this storm very long. I just don't think we will gain anything by
cutting, or by jamming Corsa down prospective members throats.
Ron T

steps!
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1218822736x1201267884/aol?redir=http://www.freecreditreport.com/pm/default.aspx?sc=668072%26hmpgID=62%26bcd=fe
bemailfooterNO62)