<VV> membership

Richard/Gail Spiess spiessdg at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 16 10:09:33 EST 2009

As an active member of Rotary, I can easily tell you that what CORSA and local clubs experience is a universal truth.  When it comes to clubs which depend on volunteers and people off the street, you can't just take their dues and ignore them.  Rotary deals with this every day.  People join to get something back, even if it just social.  If the club doesn't jump on the new guy/gal immediately and bring them into the active fold, you will lose them quickly.
Remember, not everyone at a meeting has an idea as to what the club is talking about.  Some are like me, not mechanically inclined.  Most of the discussions go completely over my head.  I just love my Corvair and that is why I am a member.
That is what we often see in Rotary.  We take their  dues, welcome them, and then talk about things that they have no clue about.
The membership is dying off and we just sit around and stew about it.

Dick
64 Spyder
62 Monza (new)
61 500 (new)