<VV> Increeasing membership

Bryan Blackwell bryan at skiblack.com
Mon Feb 16 12:37:22 EST 2009

Here is my #1 reason - it's kind of long:

The benefit to joining CORSA is that a vibrant club makes owning an
orphan car much more viable.  There is a direct relationship between
club support and viability.  In the case of the Corvair, since there
is no direct manufacturer support (unlike many of the clubs we are
often compare ourselves to), the existence of an umbrella
organization is vital to the continued viability of the car to the
average owner.

Consider this - relatively speaking, we are on par in terms of
original manufacturer support with something like Hudson.  People
talk about what the BMW club, the Corvette club, or even the Mustang
club do, but how many of those were disowned by their manufacturers?
Then there's the little matter that there are new ones of all three
in the showrooms now.  As a standalone marque club, we do have things
in common, but they have advantages (the BMW club is sponsored by BMW
to start) that we don't share.

--Bryan