<VV> Tail-brake-lights fuse

Michael Kovacs kovacsmj at sbcglobal.net
Tue Feb 17 16:02:20 EST 2009

What I did to isolate the problem on my '69 was to disconnect the main harness in both the front and back and see if the fuse still blew. It did. Next step was to clean the contacts in the fuse block to be sure there was no corrosion. Reconnecting the harnesses and stepping on the brake pedal and no blown fuse. It might have been corrosion in the harness connections too. A '61 I'm working on had "green" connectors in the engine compartment. I had to pull the individual wires from each side of the connector and wire brush them shinny again. This is time consuming, but........
 MIKE KOVACS