<VV> Header Muffler

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Tue Feb 17 16:55:42 EST 2009

In a message dated 2/17/2009 1:49:11 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
dheath at vanceandhines.com writes:

What do  people recommend for mufflers with headers?  I have the  Clark's
Ultimate Headers which I bought over 15 years ago.  It is time  for a
different sound than what you get from the supplied mufflers and I  was
curious what others with this setup were using.

Dave  Heath
Cypress, CA
'65 140-4 Coupe

David - If you want to do some designing, this what I recommend. Turn  the
headers around so the exit flanges face toward the front of the car. With a  few
pre-bent tubes (much more efficient that those bent at the muffler shop) end
up with two rear facing pipes on the right side. Use a single  muffler.
Flow-master and others have two-in one out mufflers. You might  have to install it
backwards (meaning it is sold as a one-in, two out  muffler) with a single tip
out.

That would be cool, and likely much quieter.

Seth Emerson

C's the Day! -  Corvair, Camaro, Corvette

**************Need a job? Find an employment agency near you.
(http://yellowpages.aol.com/search?query=employment_agencies&ncid=emlcntusyelp00000003)