<VV> GM Divsions Update

MSYVairs at aol.com MSYVairs at aol.com
Wed Feb 18 12:47:08 EST 2009

I keep forgetting that VV strips everything out............

Bill

*******************************

Harry:

Saturn will go when the "lifecycle" of the product runs it's course....I
read that date as 2012.

Hummer's fate will be decided by 3/31/09...sell or phase out (A couple of
Chinese companies have expressed interest).

Saab has gone thru a "strategic review" and they have decided to sell the
entire division. The Swedish government has been asked for  financial support
until a buyer is found. Ford has the same problem with  Volvo.

Pontiac will serve as a "focused brand" (GM speak!) with probably 3
performance type vehicles (just drove our first G-8, GXP....how about a Corvette  that
carry's 4 people..!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GMC will survive as an upscale truck brand.

Buick, Pontiac & GMC will remain as a single unit division.

Chevrolet and Cadillac will remain.

That will leave GM with 36 nameplates in 2012. A 25% reduction in what we
have now.

Dealers will be reduced from 6,246 now to 4,700 in 2012.

Bill Hadley
Mgr., Fleet & Commercial Sales
Gerry Lane B-P-G
Baton Rouge,LA