<VV> communique improvement idea number 6 + 6A

airvair at earthlink.net airvair at earthlink.net
Wed Feb 18 14:53:15 EST 2009

It seems that we may have work already done to some degree, but nothing
readily available at the present. We need to make such info more available
- but at a minimum see what needs to be done to update the database to be
current with the latest CC.

Let me make one more suggestion. If we would make back issues available via
DVD, online, or regardless, it would be beneficial if the tech AND historic
articles (at the minimum) could be referenced via a searchable database
(like maybe Excel?) that is easily and readily accessable online AND is
downloadable. This would require transcribing any existing index database
into electronic form (in which it may not exist at present). The database
needs to be cross-referenced by subject matter as well as title, author,
etc.

Let everyone have free access the index. BUT restrict access to CC, CQ,
etc. electronic documents via CORSA membership, DVD sale, etc. so that
CORSA can make some money off this project. If CORSA is looking for a
moneymaker, this might fit the ticket. Not to mention quell the complaints
from the "90% of the membership" who don't have access to back issues but
would like to read the tech and historic articles.

Looks like a win-win for everyone all the way around.

-Mark

year or five years or pick a time period. I would think that ones that are
already electronic would be real easy to do. The ones that are hard copy
only could be scanned and OCRed. I would even offer my teenaged daughter to
type them in (and I'll pay her, not CORSA).

> We could sell them at a very reasonable rate and still have a huge profit
margin. Then having the Tech article index would effect way more members.