<VV> a little praise for Corsa here...

Markpowhatan at aol.com Markpowhatan at aol.com
Wed Feb 18 20:30:53 EST 2009

I've only been involved with Corvairs now for 2 years due to my purchase of
one in need of some "tweaking" and my joining of the local club.  I would
like to offer some thanks to the folks who operate Corsa and print the fine
"Communiquet" that I enjoy very much.  Maybe some improvements can be  made, but
as for me, I couldn't put it together or print it myself, so I feel a  great
job has been done  by all.  As for membership dropping off, I  think we all
should go out of our way to get young folks interested in our  cars.  I find that
younger folks just seem to know little about them, or  have never even heard
of a Corvair.  You know that they are the ones that  will be needed to buy them
after we have "gone on", or else what will ever  happen to them in the
future?  Think about that.  I have read that  some folks don't like working on
Corvairs for others due to someone "  using" the good nature of some club's members
just to get their cars  fixed.  Well that does sound and look bad but...when
Corvairs were newer  there were lots of folks that had to use mechanics
elsewhere to get them fixed  too.  Now we still have plenty of them to enjoy today
due to someone  helping someone or fixing the cars years ago, so I don't mind
helping quite  a bit, the one young guy I know, who is struggling trying to get
his first  Corvair  on the road (even tho' he lives 75 miles away).  There's
no  pay in it for me, but i'm contributing to the "longer" life of the car and
 hobby.  Lets all give it that shot for the future.      Mark
steps!
%3D62%26bcd%3DfebemailfooterNO62)