<VV> WE LIKE TO BE ASKED, humor!

ricknorris at suddenlink.net ricknorris at suddenlink.net
Fri Feb 20 07:02:50 EST 2009

I've been asked out several times. Actually, they asked me to leave or be thrown out!
TLH

---- BobHelt at aol.com wrote:

WE  LIKE TO BE ASKED
By  Bob Helt

Yes,  we girls liked to be asked. We liked to be asked for a date, We like to
be asked  to go out. We like to be asked to go to dinner (and have the fellow
pay for  everything). We love it. We even liked to be asked to go out with
our  girlfriends. Why? Well it sure makes us feel good. It builds our self
esteem. It  complements our own feelings about ourselves. It is exciting. It is “
living”. In  fact the ultimate is to be asked to marry the guy we admire most
and are in love  with.
We  also like to be asked to do things that may involve our time or effort
when the  feeling is that the people asking really value our participation and
help. It  gives us satisfaction to think that someone really values us and our
involvement. In addition the opportunities for accomplishing challenging
tasks  increases our knowledge and self worth. Psychologists often say that
accomplishment within a job offers the greatest satisfaction, rather than money  or
perks.
But  the guys say, you girls aren’t the only ones who like to be asked. We
get great  satisfaction by being asked out by our girlfriends too. In fact our
feelings  aren’t much different from you gals. We love to be asked to join the
team (even  if we don’t follow thru).  Being  asked tells us that the other
party values our knowledge, friendship and help.
On  the other side, just imagine how you feel when your friends are chosen
for some  activity but you are not. You are unappreciated. You are an outcast.
It tends to  work both ways.
GETTING  VOLUNTEERS
OK,  let’s consider the question of getting volunteers for accomplishing some
 activity or project. Let’s say we are in charge of some charity project and
need  unpaid help to accomplish our goals. Well, we could just sit at our desk
and  wait until the right people walk thru our door. Will that work?
We  could maybe advertise for volunteers in the local papers or with posters
in the  neighborhood. How will that work? We might get some people who
perceive the need  for their help and understand the implied benefits of
volunteering. Maybe,  depending on how the ads were worded.
But  I’ll bet that by personally contacting prospective candidates and
personally  explaining why they are needed and how much their help would be valued
would get  more volunteers. People like to be asked. It makes them feel good.
If you are  seeking unpaid volunteers, you have to sell the job to them. There
is no money  involved so you have to emphasize how much they are needed and
how valuable  their contribution would be. And how much job satisfaction they
will enjoy from  their participation.
So  which path would you suggest that CORSA takes when they need volunteers
to  participate in some activity?

**************Need a job? Find an employment agency near you.
(http://yellowpages.aol.com/search?query=employment_agencies&ncid=emlcntusyelp00000003)