<VV> WE LIKE TO BE ASKED

rbuckridge at comcast.net rbuckridge at comcast.net
Fri Feb 20 11:03:21 EST 2009

While looking at the club schedule for the New Jersey Motorsports Park, I clicked on a few club web site links and saw the SJR-SCCA and Schattenbaum PCA were ASKING FOR WORKERS at their track events for the up coming races at NJMP.

I contacted both organizations as to how do I go about being a worker. The SCCA group gave me the "typical corporate responce" and made it impossible to simply show up and work. Too many hoops to jump through.

The Schattenbaum PCA, emailed me back IMMEDIATLY and said they were racing 3 days and running 2 shifts (morning & afternoon) on each day, WHEN DO YOU WANT TO WORK was their only concern.

I worked the PCA event, had a ton of FUN, met a lot of drivers and workers, great bunch of guys and gals. It felt very much like a Corvair event or like Saturday Night at Wall. I might also add that this was in a light rain as the day was overcast and misting on and off.

To me, the bottom line is, ASK FOR WORKERS and Keep It Simple.

Roy, Bayshore