<VV> My Rebuild, and the Tuna

AeroNed at aol.com AeroNed at aol.com
Sun Feb 22 20:48:57 EST 2009

So much for my goal to never do anything that get's me on YouTube....

The total count was over 40. There were 12 people from "out of state,"
Missouri, Oklahoma, New Mexico and Minnesota. Geoff and Kerry drove in from NM  in
a 63 vert! We stated with coffee, juice, doughnuts and sticky buns for
breakfast. Chilli, Ham and beans, and Chicken taco/fajitas starred for lunch.
Capped it all off with treats like ice cream and homemade cookies.

Ryan did a great job on his engine. We did have a little fun, at his
expense, for a few things like forgetting base gaskets. He certainly had enough
"supervision" building that engine. Too bad I had to leave for a church dinner
before the engine got finished. It sure looks great!

Ryan, Since we exceeded your expectations of "getting the block together"  by
the end of the day, you need to finish up the job of installing the engine
and bringing the whole package to Juna Tuna. Matt said he's gonna be here for
that one.

Besides Ryan's motor, there was lots of other work. Rebuilding LM rear
bearings, rebuilding rear suspension, rebuilding carbs, rebuilding a starter and
the list goes on. The only problem we had was finding a seat to eat lunch!

Thanks a million to everyone that attended and especially Terry Kalp, who
let's us play in his shop 3 times a year.

Ned

In a message dated 2/22/2009 2:42:26 P.M. Central Standard Time,